Call for Papers
The International Conference on Information and Communication Technology for Embedded Systems (ICICTES2014)
January 23-25, 2014
The fifth International Conference of Information and Communication Technology for Em bedded Systems (IC-ICTES 2014) is established to provide an international forum for researchers and industry practitioners to share their new ideas, original research results and practical development experiences from all embedded system-related areas including ubiquitous computing, pervasive computing, embedded system design, development of new HW/SW-related theories and techniques in embedded systems , information and communication technology for supporting development of embedded systems, and information and communication technology used in embedded systems. The conference website is at http://saki.siit.tu.ac.th/icictes2014
The conference calls for research papers reporting original investigation results of research and devel-
opment on real embedded system applications and their system development. Topics in IC-ICTES 2014
are listed below, but not limited to:
A. Embedded system architecture: Multiprocessors, reconfigurable platforms, memory management support, communication, protocols, network-on-chip, real-time systems, embedded microcontrollers.
B. Real-time systems: All real-time related aspects such as software, distributed real-time systems, real-time kernels, real-time OS, task scheduling, multitasking design.
C. Embedded hardware support: System-on-a-chip, DSPs, hardware specification, synthesis, modeling, simulation and analysis at all levels for low power, power-aware, testable, reliable, verifiable systems, performance modeling, validation, security issues, real-time behavior and safety critical systems.
D. Embedded software: Compilers, assemblers and cross assemblers, programming, memory man- agement, object-oriented aspects, virtual machines, scheduling, concurrent software for SoCs, distributed/resource aware OS, OS and middleware support.
E. Hardware/software co-design: Methodologies, test and debug strategies, real-time systems, speci- fication and modeling, design representation, synthesis, partitioning, estimation, design space explo- ration beyond traditional hardware/software boundary and algorithms.
F. Testing techniques: All aspects of testing, including design-for-test, test synthesis, built-in self-test, embedded test, for embedded and system-on-a-chip systems.
G. Application-specific processors and devices: Network processors, real-time processor, media and signal processors, application specific hardware accelerators, reconfigurable processors, low power embedded processors, bio/fluidic processors, Bluetooth, hand-held devices, _ash memory chips.
H. Industrial practices and benchmark suites: System design, processor design, software, tools, case studies, trends, emerging technologies, experience maintaining benchmark suites, representation, interchange format, tools, copyrights, maintenance, metrics.
I. Embedded computing education: Curriculum issues, teaching tools and methods.
J. Emerging new topics: New challenges for next generation embedded computing systems, arising from new technologies (e.g., nanotechnology), new applications (e.g., pervasive or ubiquitous com- puting, embedded internet tools) and new principle (e.g., embedded Engineering).
K. Embedded System Applications: All ranges of applications on embedded system, including speech processing, image processing, network computing, distributed computing, parallel computing and power conversion.
L. Automotive Engineering: Automotive design, new challenges on development of autoparts and automatives, safety engineering, fuel economy/emissions, vehicle dynamics, NVH engineering, auto- motive performance, shift quality, durability/corrosion engineering, package/ergonimics engineering, climate control, derivability, program timing, assembly feasibility, automotive embedded systems.
M. Management Technology: Service science, management and engineering, Operations, Logistics and Supply chain management, Optimization, Probabilistic and Statistical Model, Economics, Occupational safety and health management, Ergonomics, Human Resouce and Organization managemnet, Environmental management.
24 November 2013, Paper Submission deadline
01 December 2013, Special Session Submission deadline
14 December 2013, Notification of acceptance
22 December 2012, Camera-ready submission
22 December 2012, Early Registration
23-25 January 2014, Conference period
- Vudtechai Kapilakanchana, Kasetsart University
- Nobuo Fujii, Tokyo Institute of Technology
- Somkit Lertpaithoon, Thammasat University
- Pansak Siriruchatapong, NECTEC
- Thanya Kiatiwat, Kasetsart University
- Hiroaki Kunieda, Tokyo Institute of Technology
- Somnuk Tangtermsirikul, SIIT, Thammasat University
- Asanee Kawtrakul, NECTEC
- Somnuk Sirisoonthorn, NSTDA
- Tsuyoshi Isshiki, Tokyo Institute of Technology
- Thanaruk Theeramunkong, SIIT, Thammasat University
- Waree Kongprawechnon, SIIT, Thammasat University
- Chalie Charoenlarpnopparut, SIIT, Thammasat University
- Kanokvate Tunpimolrut, NECTEC
- Kamol Kaemarungsi, NECTEC
- Pisut Raphisak, Kasetsart University
- Teerasit Kasetkasem, Kasetsart University
- Gun Srijuntongsiri, SIIT, Thammasat University
- Denchai Worasawate, Kasetsart University
- Teera Phatrapornnant, NECTEC
- Akinori Nishihara, Tokyo Institute of Technology
- Boontawee Suntisrivaraporn, SIIT, Thammaset Universit
- Pakinee Aimmanee, SIIT, Thammasat University
- Nobuhiko Sugino, Tokyo Institute of Technology
- Srijidtra Mahapakulchai, Kasetsart University
- Itthisek Nilkhamhang, SIIT, Thammasat University
- Toshiaki Kondo, SIIT, Thammasat University
- Siriroj Sirisukpresert, Kasetsart University
- Nattapong Tongtep, SIIT, Thammasat University
- Nongnuch Ketui, SIIT, Thammasat University
- Wirat Chinnan, SIIT, Thammasat University
- National Electronics and Computer Technology Center
- ECTI Association
- IEEE Thailand Section
Sirindhorn International Institute of Technology, Thammasat University (http://www.siit.tu.ac.th)
Department of Electrical Engineering, Kasetsart University (http://www.ee.ku.ac.th)
Tokyo Institute of Technology (http://www.titech.ac.jp)
Any question can be sent to process at :
Dr. Thanaruk Theeramunkong
Sirindhorn International Institute of Technology, Thammasat University, Thailand
Phone: +66-2-501-3505 ext. 2004 Fax: +66-2-501-3505 ext. 2001 Email: icictes14[at]siit.tu.ac.th